Mon, 15 May 2017
Charismatics have the ability to focus quickly in the moment similar to great athletes. To master the area of focus and concentration, we must implement what athletes do before, during and after the competition.
• Visualize the win or the outcome before it happens
• Constant self-discipline even when it hurts
• Refocus after failure and learn from those mistakes
• Instantly replace negative thoughts with positive ones
• Have the ability to quickly change their state of mind
• Able to concentrate during heavy distractions
The key is to begin to focus and concentrate a little at a time. Today try to focus and stay on a task for five minutes. Where can you go? What do you need to do to avoid distractions? As you progress with this skill, add the length of time and your ability to limit distractions. The second thing is to figure out what block of the day is your most productive time? Is it the morning, the afternoon or the evening? This is the time when you do your most important and difficult work. Find that time when it is the easiest to concentrate and get things done. When you truly master your ability to focus, not only is it easier to influence others, you will be able to accomplish ten times more in half the amount of time.
Link to Article: http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/107179190300900404
Direct download: Podcast_188_-_Charisma_3__Inner-Charisma__Your_Inside_Dictates_Your_Outside.mp3
Category:Business -- posted at: 8:00am CDT